Heat Pump Maintenance Tips
In addition to scheduling a yearly heat pump maintenance service to help ensure that your heat pump continues to work effectively and efficiently, there are a number of maintenance tasks that you can do on your own throughout the year.
- Using your heat pump as suggested by your heat pump manual. Make sure you follow the proper operating procedures when using your heat pump.
- Check your filter every month and either replace it or clean it when needed. A dirty filter will hinder the effectiveness of your heat pump as well as hurt its efficiency, causing unneeded wear and tear on the unit as well as causing your energy costs to go up.
- Check the outdoor coils on a monthly basis and clean them when they appear dirty.
- Inspect the area around your outdoor unit regularly and remove any debris, foliage, or clutter that might be obstructing the unit.
- Regularly check and clean the supply and return registers throughout your home.
If your home uses a heat pump, then you’ll want to make sure that it’s ready to perform at its optimal level come winter. Contact us online or give us a call at (410) 356-4016 at HB Home Service Team to schedule our heat pump maintenance service today.